Ahhh! What a lovely Birthday! Thomas, Nate, Shawn, Amber, Savannah & I went camping and
canoeing for my Birthday. It was a great weekend. We had BBQ both nights that was so delicious and Shawn and Amber surprised me with a Birthday Cake and Balloons. Shawn cooked us a huge spread for breakfast on Saturday morning. Nate and Savannah loved catching frogs at night. They were everywhere and they had buckets of them. One of the days we went
canoeing all day. It turns out Nate hated
canoeing and he was scared to death by it. We tried to talk to him and calm him down. He was not having any of it. He said he would rather go to Nanny's than canoe and he wanted us to call Nanny to come get him. That is when we knew he was totally freaked out. So we decided to stop and do some "river therapy". Once we realized what was scaring him, which were all the sticks and he thought he would fall in and float away and we would never see him again. So we let him float down the river and catch him so he would see that someone would catch him, his life jacket would keep him safe, blah..blah...blah. The second part of the trip was better and he was not as scared. At the end of the canoe trip I asked him, "Nate wasn't that fun?" And he informed me, "I hate
canoeing! It freaked me out and I don't ever want to do that crap again!" I guess we won't be planning a repeat family canoe trip anytime soon. The last day we spent by the river at this really awesome spot. We played with the kids there until they got tired and then Thomas and Shawn took the kids home and Amber and I laid on the grass, under a shady tree by the river for the rest of the day. It was so relaxing I kept falling asleep. When I got home Thomas had dinner and flowers waiting for me. I would say it was a totally
rockn' birthday.


No comments:
Post a Comment