Monday, February 4, 2008

Ski Bamma!

The boys and I were invited to join my friend Mary and her two kids to go to Alabama with them during the week of Mardi Gras. We were able to catch a few parades the week before heading to Alabama. We stayed at a place called Cloudmont where skiing, hiking and horseback riding are among some of their activities. Amelia (Mary's daughter) and I loved the skiing. It was the first time I have skied. I have snowboarded before and really enjoyed it. I also found that I enjoyed skiing even more. Nate tried but did not get the hang of it and got frustrated. He was done after about 30 minutes. So Mary was kind enough to watch the boys so Amelia and I could get our skiing in.

We stayed at this cute little A-frame cabin right next to the ski slope.

The boys had a blast hiking and climbing all the huge rocks.
On one of our hikes we came to this lovely steam. It was so cold, but the boys did not care. They stripped down to their skivvies and got in anyway.
It was the first time the boys got to see snow. They had their first snowball fight,
and made their first snow angels.
They really enjoyed the snow.
Such cute brothers.
We went to a dam that was right down the road from the resort (term used loosely) where we stayed. It is usually not so violent but there was a huge storm the night before, that we found out later several people not too far away died in. We did not even know! But that is probably for the best since our cabin was hanging off a ledge.
The boys had so much fun with Adam and Amelia. We are so glad they invited us on their trip with them and we can't wait to go back.

No comments: