Wednesday, December 31, 2008

BRINGING IN 2009!

It is tradition to bring in the new year with a bonfire at our house. We started the tradition a few years ago with my friend Danelle. She hosts the Halloween party and we do the New Year's Eve bash. This year I was surprised with a special guest. YES, that is Edward Cullen! Needless to say, I was quite surprised when Wendy brought her life size replica of Edward. They snuck him in and had him standing by the bonfire. Danelle told me to go look by the fire to see who came to the party. Needless to say I was a bit surprised to see it standing on the other side of the fire, he looked so real. I just started dying laughing. It was great, until we all left him unattended to do the midnight fireworks and Edward fell over. Luckily Logan rescued him from the fire,but he did get some minor burns to his head (well a fourth of it was gone, maybe not so minor). Nothing that couldn't be covered with a great New Year's hat though. So much for immortal! Poor Wendy was devastated, so I felt really bad when Wendy came around the house carrying the damaged Edward and I busted out laughing and making immortal jokes. Wendy was not sure if she wanted to cry, laugh or beat the crap out of me!!!
It was a great party! Lots of family, friends and too much food. Uncle Andy brought 16,000 fireworks that he and Thomas had stung up on ladders. They lit them simultaneously with the pretty colorful ones. Thomas and Andy set up quite a midnight spectacle that went off for about six minutes. It was fun and they are already planning next year's even bigger and better!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is hilarious! Way funny girl. Wish I could have been there...I guarantee you Edward would NOT have been left unattended and thus not fallen into the fire...except my flames of passion...Wait, am I typing this for all to read! :) love ya.

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

I love that Edward was at your party!